I guess I have always been an album person. I’m not one of those people who will put all his songs on an MP3 player and then hit the randomiser. Good for a party, I suppose or if you’re feeling decadent.
For me, my ultimate listening experience is listening to an album which I believe is *the* creative statement from an artist. In fact some songs can sound much better when they’re played in their proper context within an album, rather than individually.
But that’s just me.
I thought I’d share the albums that I’ve been playing at work and at home over the past week. In alphabetical order.
- Alcazar – Disco Defenders
- BWO – Big Science
- Carl Riseley – The Stillest Hour
- Caroline af Ugglas – Joplin På Svenska
- Caroline af Ugglas – Så Gör Jag Det Igen
- Duffy – Rockferry (Deluxe Edition)
- Dusty Springfield – Ev’rything’s Coming Up Dusty
- Eurythmics – Touch
- Jamiroquai – Dynamite
- Jon Lord – Pictured Within
- Pet Shop Boys – Yes
- Thompson Twins – Queer
To show that I’m not a total album snob, I have also been playing greatest hits compilations from Annie Lennox, Jamiroquai and Village People. Talk about extremes. 😉
Ah, I love a good album.