I posted this on a forum earlier this year and thought I would share on my blog.
20 things you may not know about me
- When I was very young, I had blond, curly hair and blue eyes. The hair may be no more but I still have the eyes.
- I didn’t sit up until I was 1 year old and didn’t walk until I was 2 years old. I was obviously in no rush to join the rat race.
- I have interviewed two Doctor Whos – Tom Baker (#4) and Peter Davison (#5). I have also met Jon Pertwee, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy (numbers 3, 6 and 7 respectively).
- My favourite cartoon character is Marvin the Martian and my favourite comic book hero is Spider-Man.
- I once held Benny Andersson’s (ABBA) beer while he signed an autograph for me.
- Jill Dando’s parents are my godparents. The Dandos were our next door neighbours.
- When emigrating from the UK, my parents considered Canada, Rhodesia (now known as Zimbabwe) and Australia. I’m happy that Australia won.
- I love apple sauce mixed in with vanilla ice cream. Strangely, I don’t like apples.
- The greatest album of all time is “Dusty In Memphis”.
- My first proper job (ie. needing to lodge my first tax return) was washing dishes in a Chinese restaurant.
- I was a youth group leader at the YMCA when I was 16.
- The first time I got drunk was when I was 11 by secretly drinking cider at a Harvest Festival when no one was looking. I hardly drink these days.
- I hate shopping.
- Mathematics was my best subject at school.
- I once dated the runner up to Mr Gay Adelaide. He should have won IMHO. Great kisser. 😉
- I once chopped a one inch thick piece of solid wood in half using my bare hand.
- My personal values are diversity, tolerance, simplicity, helping others and humour.
- The first concert I went to was Cleo Laine (part of a school trip). ABBA was my second concert.
- I love my toast toasted on one side only and slightly burnt. With marmalade on top.
- My favourite colour is green.